Google knew it was my birthday. Seriously, they never stop blowing my mind.
Yesterday was a pretty good day - I was spoiled with a marker manicure by Ina, went to church, watched some football, and then met my family at a Japanese steakhouse.
Seriously, the perfect place to take kids. They cook the food fast and in front on you, so there is minimal running around the table.
In true birthday fashion, here is a list of stuff I want to do before I turn 32.
- Go on a family beach vacation. I really want to go to Hilton Head, but Dan is leaning towards a more remote island. Either way, I want to teach Ina to love the ocean waves as much as we do.
- Try a new food from each food group. The rabbit in my freezer is calling my name and there are a few grains I have never tried.
- Change my hair. The long do’s days are numbered, mostly because Cora grabs it and pulls. Hard.
- Buy a capsule wardrobe for fall / winter. I have some birthday money that is burning a hole in my pocket and I can’t wait to go shopping.
- Declutter my life. Every year I say this, but I really want to become a Craig’s List master. Maybe listing 3 things a week on CL or eBay would be a good goal?
- Stay at a bed and breakfast. Dan and I LOVE B&Bs. We will likely have to take the girls, but they would love it too!
- Organize, paint, decorate the toy room. Right now that room is a free for all, and I want to make it a place that the girls love to go to. I am thinking a “map” theme would be cool.
- Volunteer as a family for something. Teaching Ina to serve is really important to us.
- Top off our family emergency fund. We are about half way there, and assuming no unexpected expenses, we should be able to meet our goal amount by early 2016
- Create a Roth IRA for both Dan and myself. I feel so old and responsible typing that, but retirement is important people.
- Start a 529 college savings account for Ina and Cora. This might not happen until later in the year, because it is Baby Step #5, but I think that once we have an emergency fund, the retirement and college savings will easily fall into place.
- Get back to my pre-pregnancy size. Notice I said size, not weight. This might take all year and I am not in any hurry. I am trying to eat nutritiously, but the last thing I want to do is go back to work hungry all the time.
- Take the family to a movie theater. Ina loved when we went on a family date and I want to do it again. Hopefully Cora won’t get us kicked out.
- Get family pictures taken and put them up on the wall in a timely manner. I am so bad at this.
- Finish reading the entire bible. I am a little behind, but I hope to catch up soon.
- Take Ina to the Nelson Atkins Art Museum. We have been reading books about museums and she seems interested in them.
- Complete T25 - alpha, beta, and gama. Each segment is 5 weeks, so this will take my workouts into the beginning of 2016.
- Plant flowers. We have some bulbs I would like to put out and I also want to get some mums for our pots.
- Teach Ina to swim. I keep having nightmares of her jumping in water without being able to swim, so this needs to change immediately.
- Start saving for a boat. We sold the boat we had because I didn’t think owning one with little kids really worked. However, with Dan’s new work schedule, I think we would use a boat a lot more now. Also, we had the time of our life in Branson.
- Go sledding. We have a huge hill in town that I haven’t been to in years.
- Make a photo book for Ina and Cora. I love the books I have made for Ina so far, but now I have double the work. It is nice that their birthdays are evenly spaced apart.
- Go apple picking. Then make applesauce.
- Move my herb pot inside and keep it alive. I have an herb pot that I absolutely love. Seriously, going outside and picking some fresh herbs to throw in whatever I am making for dinner brings me so much joy. I am hoping that I can keep them alive all winter long.
- Plant a garden that doesn’t grown more weeds than vegetables. For years Dan has been insisting we put newspaper down around the plants to keep the weeds away and I have resisted for aesthetic reasons, but after seeing the weeds this year I am giving in. Newspaper away babe.
- Teach Ina to play a few card games. She could probably handle Go Fish and War, right?
- Make and freeze to-go breakfasts. My mornings are about to get crazy, so on Sundays I want to make our breakfasts for the week. I am thinking burritos, muffins, and healthy cookies.
- Go camping. Let’s be real, it will be more like glamping, because I am over the phase in my life when I sleep on the ground, but there will likely be s’mores involved.
- Stop looking at my phone in the middle of the night. I am the worst at this, because we don’t have a clock in our room. The light really effects me and I can’t go back to sleep. So I suppose this should say, get a clock for our room.
- Recycle more. I really need to improve in this department.
- Keep doing what I am doing. Life is pretty good right now and I don’t want it to change too much.