Good morning and Happy Sunday!
Morning hair don’t care.
Cora is now five weeks old and I feel like I am in the groove of our new life. In some ways, the past five weeks have felt like vacation - not working, seeing lots of different friends and family, etc. But, I typically sleep a little more on vacation.
Either way, it is time to put on my big girl panties and start a dinner routine instead of calling Dan and asking him to pick something up on the way home. Seriously, I don’t want to show you our budget for August. It isn’t pretty. Also, I don’t know how many more lunches of cottage cheese and chips I can handle.
Any recipes you have loved lately?
- Sunday: Aldi pizza with kale salad
- Monday: brussels sprouts and bacon spaghetti carbonara
- Tuesday: grilled chicken with cottage cheese salad and baked potatoes
- Wednesday: thai spicy basil beef with brown rice
- Thursday: slow cooker enchilada chicken atop polenta with kale jalapeño salad
- Friday: chicken pad thai
- Saturday: dinner at Dan’s parents’ house
Breakfasts and snacks:
- Santa Fe Casserole
- Green lemonade (strive for one a day!)
- Hummus and veggies/tortilla chips
- Peanut butter date balls
Workouts: I haven’t technically been cleared to fully exercise by my mid-wife, so I am going to stick to walking for the next few weeks. I am going to try to get in two to three miles per day.
Have a lovely week!