In the next two weeks (or less!!!) I am looking forward to...
- Sleeping on my back without feeling like i am going to suffocate, even if it is only for one to two hour stretches.
- Standing for longer than 2 minutes without throbbing pain.
- My tank tops fully covering my belly. (Classy, I know.)
- No more heart burn. Yesterday I maxed out my daily dose of Tums.
- A glass of wine. No, beer. No, sangria. Just one glass on the patio in the sun.
- Running. Let’s be real, comfortably going on a long walk sounds amazing.
- Walking up the stairs without my heart beating out of my chest.
- Feeling a contraction. Weird, I know, but I have never felt one and I want to know what it feels like.
- Holding a beautiful baby in my arms instead of inside my belly.
- Ina meeting her little sister. Last night she said, “I am going to be a great big sister! I am going to teach the baby to climb a ladder! And jump rope! And drive a car!” Dan and I laughed about that one for at least 2 minutes.
- Twelve weeks of concentrated family time during my maternity leave.
I have gotten pretty bad about saying that I want the baby to come “today” or “now” or “as soon as possible.” Last night Dan told me that God has a plan for when this baby is going to come, and there is nothing I can do about it, so I might as well just sit back, relax, and wait.
Pretty easy for him to say.
Please pass the Tums.