The baby is still cooking over here. Last night I may have had a few contractions, but nothing to get too excited about. It could have been that I ate too much picadillo or that I didn’t drink enough water yesterday.
Ina has taken to giving my belly hugs and kisses when we start talking about the baby. We are hoping those same sentiments continue.
As I mentioned before, I have decided to give myself daily “rewards” for completing another day of pregnancy. I realize this is kind of ridiculous, and it isn’t like I am doing something spectacular to deserve or earn them. But, I need something to look forward to and to distract my mind from asking, Was that a contraction? every 5 minutes.
So, here are my ideas:
- Wednesday (today): pedicure - much needed as I can no longer touch my toes for longer than 2 seconds without suffocating
- Thursday: family snow cone date and getting my hair cut!
- Friday: one of my very best friends is in town and we plan to have a girls night
- Saturday (due date!): float around in the pool and try to keep Ina afloat at the same time
- Sunday: OPEN - need to think of something ASAP, preferably something outside and involving water
- Monday: Date night with Dan
- Tuesday: Indian buffet for lunch - I keep on telling Dan that we need to make this happen
- Wednesday: Possible play date with friends
- Thursday: buy a Ninja blending system-at this point, only retail therapy will help
- Friday: tentatively planned C-section
Hopefully the potential of an Indian buffet motivates the baby to exit sooner rather than later.
Also, on a random note, Happy Amazon Prime Day! I have no idea what that really means, but find it difficult to pass-up a good online deal.