Happy Mother’s Day to all of the ladies out there, mom our not.
I am so thankful for this little lady who made me a mom and continues to teach me so much daily, including the fact that I have absolutely no idea what I am doing. Don’t tell her that.
We hosted my family last night to celebrate some of the moms in our lives. We had a full house - 16 people total.
I cooked some burgers and dogs before everyone showed up and kept them in the warmer.
It turns out i will have lots of time to prep for this week because Ina still has a fever. She acts fine as long as I give her ibuprofen, but I don’t want to go in public and spread her germs to the immunocompromised.
We were absolutely horrible last week about going out to eat. Horrible. What’s even worse is that I have food in my fridge going to waste. But, I have zero motivation to cook and nothing sounds good to eat, so I end up giving in to Dan’s suggestion of stopping by and getting something on his way home from work.
This week has got to be different. We are making a plan and sticking to it.
- Sunday: chicken sausage with gluten free Alfredo sauce and baked zucchini
- Monday: chicken cordon bleu with roasted broccoli and steamed carrots
- Tuesday: almond meal chicken fingers with sweet potato fries and roasted green beans
- Wednesday: leftovers
- Thursday: picadillo with brown rice and cabbage slaw
- Friday: out to eat with some friends
- Saturday: having family over for Dan’s turkey burgers
I hope you have a blessed and healthy week!