Good Thursday morning! The weekend is right around the corner - we can do this.
[Italian Braised chicken thighs topped with tomatoes, artichokes, and mushrooms with brown rice pasta and steamed carrots.]
Today I am thankful for:
- The tongue’s super healing speed. The tooth sized holes in Ina’s tongue are gone and in their place is a dark purple line. I will take it.
-This weekend’s forecast - highs in the 50s and 60s!
- Grandparents to the rescue. My mom helped me out with Ina last weekend while Dan worked, then last night Dan’s parents came over for dinner and as soon as they left my dad stopped by to fight off Ina tears. She was in an historically bad mood after being awake since 3 am yesterday.
Grandparent bing-bang-boom. Although, the tears came back as soon as papa left and it was bedtime.
- Gummy bears and their bribing powers. Although they don’t work when someone eats the whole bag on his day off work. So I suppose I should also say I am thankful for Aldi’s proximity to our house.
- Budgets. They let my inner control freak shine in all of its spreadsheet glory.
- A full night’s sleep
- Clothes that fit. My belly has fully popped and there is no hope of getting my normal clothes on unless they have stretch/a drawstring or I don’t plan on buttoning/zipping them. At least once a day Dan says, “Wow, you look pregnant."
What are you thankful for?