(Dan and Ina’s fort that has taken permanent residence in our living room.)
How has this beautiful weekend treated you so far? My Friday and Saturday could be summed up like this - good food with friends, fitness, and grocery shopping.
Let’s break it down:
- Good food with friends: Friday night Dan and I met our friends David and Christie and their beautiful son Ben at the Catholic church that is half a mile from our house for a fish fry that was out of this world good. Apparently the church does this every Friday during lent and I am just now tasting it for the first time. We will be back.
(This was my second plate - I promise my first plate was a little more colorful).
Then Saturday for lunch we met some friends at SPIN pizza.
The pizza and salad were good, but the company was much better. After a few months of being cooped up for the winter, it felt so good to get out and socialize!
-Fitness: Friday I ventured to my office gym and put in 30 minutes on the elliptical. Yikes, I forgot how hard that thing can be. Then, late Saturday morning I went on a 2.5 mile walk with the glorious sunshine.
-Grocery shopping: Dan’s parents added us to their CostCo membership, so Dan and I decided to take advantage of it and had a CostCo date after our pizza date. We loved it, but I have to admit I was most excited about the price of their organic chicken. Then, I went to Aldi AND HyVee to pick up a few other things we needed. Three grocery stores in one day!
Today our fun weekend continues with church, a trip to grandma’s house, and then having family over for dinner. Whoo hoo!
Here is my plan for the week - the forecast looks amazing, so we plan to spend as much time outside as possible, hence the grilling and one dish meals and all the walks.
- Sunday: we have company coming, so Dan is grilling and I am in charge of the sides, which include this salad, corn casserole, beans, and these cookies
- Monday: one pot creamy tuna and pasta with broccoli
- Tuesday: spaghetti squash pizza pie with green beans
- Wednesday: grilled pork chops and pineapple with asparagus
- Thursday: grilled steak with baked potato and roasted veggies
- Friday: enchiladas - anyone have a favorite recipe?
- Saturday: something social
- Sunday: REST
- Monday: tabata +strength
- Tuesday: 2 to 3 mile walk
- Wednesday: REST
- Thursday: 2 to 3 mile walk
- Friday: 2 to 3 mile walk
- Saturday: REST
What are you up to this week? Thanks to Mommy, Run Fast! for hosting the link-up!