Good morning and Happy Hump Day!
Yesterday Ina and I were able to enjoy a little late afternoon stroll.
This is notable because many things had to happen to make it possible:
- Ina was begging to go outside when we got home
- I forgot my second shoe and couldn’t use the treadmill at work (winning)
- The temperature was above 40 degrees
- Dan made dinner, so I had some extra free time
- I didn’t have a headache when I walked in the door, which is an exception to the past few evenings
- Dan’s step-dad brought home Blue Bell and I told myself I couldn’t have any unless I moved my body in some way
We walked the first mile and walked/ran the second. Whew, I forgot how hard pushing that jogging stroller while running is. Each time I started to pick up the pace Ina would yell, “Mamma, be careful!"
Something else to note from yesterday - while we were finishing up dinner my dad called and asked if he could stop by the house for a few minutes. This was odd because he doesn’t stop by all that often for no reason, and when he does he doesn’t call to say that he is coming. Of course, I immediately assumed something bad had happened and started to freak out. In the 5 minutes it took for him to get over to our house I had worked myself into a nervous mess.
However, all my worrying was over nothing, because he walked in the door, grabbed Ina, and told her he had something to show her outside. He wrapped her up in his coat and stood on the front porch to show her the full moon.
This was particularly special because my dad and I used to look at the moon together when I was Ina’s age and slightly older. Such a sweet memory.
Of course, since Papa Scott was there, we had to show off Ina’s Alpha-gator skills.
We have our hands full!
Have a great day!