Good morning and Happy Sunday!
(Dan made my favorite turkey burgers on Friday and I recently discovered how lovely they taste wrapped in iceberg lettuce with a [healthy?] dollop of [organic] mayo on top. Must double recipe next time.)
How has your weekend treated you so far? Ours has been pretty low key, which is how the past few weekends have been. At first, it was nice, but now I am starting to go a little stir crazy. However, every time I think about going outside I rememberhow cold it is. I did make it out (temporarily) for a few actives:
- a great 1000 m swim
- an epic grocery shopping trip with Ina, who has recently decided that she does not want to stay in the cart anymore. Sadly, it appears that grocery shopping has become my “winter activity” because we are now 1/3 the way through January and 2/3 the way through our January grocery budget. Hmph.
-Dan drove to our favorite Indian place for takeout last night. I have been craving it for weeks, and the tikka saag did not disappoint.
Another weekend highlight: we finally got Ina excited about brushing her teeth.
Our trick? Letting her pick out her toothbrush at the store. She picked Hello Kitty and kept saying all day, “I love Hello Kitty. It is my favorite.” Once she started she didn’t want to stop and I bet we used 4 squeezes of toothpaste.
Making up for lost time.
Here is my plan for the week:
- Sunday: red beans and rice (We are having small group over and tripling the recipe. Do you think I will find a pot big enough?)
- Monday: slow cooker whole chicken with brussels sprouts
- Tuesday: chicken and broccoli alfredo ziti with this sauce
- Wednesday: slow cooker pepperoni chicken with Italian potatoes and salad
- Thursday: smothered pork chops with roasted green beans and mashed cauliflower/potatoes
- Friday: leftovers
- Saturday: hockey game
- Sunday: Denise Austin 2nd trimester workout
- Monday: 1000 m swim
- Tuesday: rest
- Wednesday: 3 mile walk/run
- Thursday: 1000 m swim
- Friday: rest
- Saturday: active rest (hoping to get in a walk to the park!)
What are you up to this week? Linking up with Mommy Run Fast!