Do you have a kid to buy for this Christmas? If so, let me advise you to skip the toys and buy books instead.
In our house, books are the gift that keeps on giving over and over (and over and over) again. However, I know that there are many options out there and picking one could be a bit overwhelming. Here is a list of books that my two year old daughter loves (and her parents don’t mind reading on repeat).
- The Pout Pout Fish - I don’t know who loves this book more - me or Ina
- Giraffes Can’t Dance - this is a close second runner up - I like books that rhyme and this has a great lesson in it
- You are Special - I love this book and other by Max Lucado because they help us to teach Ina about God’s love for her
- The Sneetches (or any Dr. Suess book for that matter)
- Jazzmatazz (this book has a beat and Ina loves to jam to it)
- You are a Lion and other yoga poses - such a fun book to read and do with Ina
- Rawr! “Being a dinosaur is hard…”
- Goodnight Moon
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom (I have had this one memorized since she was 3 months old)
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar (all Eric Carle books are awesome)
What to make the gift even more personal? Put your favorite kid in their own story book.
What is your toddler’s favorite book?