It is a good thing I ran yesterday because I needed the extra endorphins to deal with:
- a busy day at work catching up on the 2 days that I had missed. It is amazing how many emails can be received in two days.
- finding a sippy cup that had been under the bed for an unknown amount of time
- an epic “just one bite” battle with Ina at the dinner table where not only did I cry, I also gave in.
- watching the Royals lose the first game of the World Series
- Ina completely waking up at 3 am for an hour, during which she kept on asking, “Hey MOM, what are you doing?”
Welcome home from vacation, Racheal.
Now that I just complained, I am going to make myself come up with 6 positive things that happened yesterday:
- I was able to work from home and see Ina during my coffee/water/bathroom breaks.
- My in-laws are here watching Ina (because Danielle had her baby!!!), so they made us some fantastic dinner
- I was able to watch the Royals play in the World Series! Honestly, if they lost 4 games in a row I would still be super proud of them.
- I unpacked my suitcase and washed all the clothes in it within 24 hours of my plane landing in KC - I am pretty sure this is a household record
- Lots of Ina cuddles, kisses, hugs, and giggles. Seriously, the giggles are my favorite and completely made me forget that she brought me to tears a few minutes earlier.
- I have a house, a car, food, and a healthy family. You can’t ask for much for than that.
Have a good day!