Here is an interesting fact:
Dan grilled buffalo chicken [wings, thighs, breasts, etc.] three nights in a row, and during that time, the Royals won their first two World Series games.
Last night we couldn’t grill chicken because we had a few social events to attend, and the Royals lost.
It looks like I am going to have grilled chicken for dinner until the World Series is over. I will have to come up with some fun sides to keep things exciting. (Don’t you just love baseball superstition?)
Friday night our friends Brad and Chessa and their son Silo came over to watch the Royals play, eat some chicken, and have a sleepover.
Adult sleepovers are completely normal, right?
While Chessa studied and I worked in the morning, the boys made us a loaded breakfast casserole and watched the babies.
Of course we found them in boxes.
The rest of Saturday was spent lounging around, going to my dad’s company’s Halloween party, and then a retirement party. Ina’s head hit the pillow pretty hard last night, and mine quickly followed.
Here is my plan for the week:
- Sunday: grilled chicken with mashed sweet potatoes and roasted broccoli
- Monday: grilled chicken with Mexican quinoa salad
- Tuesday: grilled chicken with pan seared brussels sprouts with cranberries and pecans
- Wednesday: grilled chicken with zucchini and carrot hash
- Thursday: quinoa enchilada casserole
- Friday: leftovers/something social
- Saturday: leftovers/something social
- Sunday: yoga video
- Monday: upper body + HIIT blitz
- Tuesday: 3 mile run
- Wednesday: 1000 m swim
- Thursday: 5 mile run + core
- Friday: 3 mile run + legs
- Saturday: rest
What are you up to this week?
Psst - I have decided to stop hosting a weekly planning link-up and instead link up with Mommy Run Fast. Join me?