1. Five clean(ish) zucchini recipes to try with all that zucchini that is EVERYWHERE right now:
- zucchini brownies (made those babies yesterday after a very unexpected afternoon nap from Ina)
- zucchini pizza crust
- zucchini noodles
- taco stuffed zucchini boats
- zucchini fritter cups
2. Five things I am looking forward to over the next five weekends:
- This weekend: THREE birthday parties. Does it get any better?
- Next weekend: Dan and I are going to North Carolina for a wedding of one of my dear friends
- Three weeks away: our small group is taking a trip to Branson!
- Four weeks away: my 30th birthday!
- Five weeks away: We are having dinner with some pretty cool cats I haven’t seen in a long time
3. Five things I did yesterday:
- Swam 1000 meters
- Made brownies
- Went out to eat with an old WW buddy and his adorable family
- Painted my toes (a pretty big deal)
- Was challenged to do the ALS ice bucket challenge- I am already cold.
4. Five things left to do on my summer bucket list:
- Complete an open water swim (this might not happen until the race)
- Enroll Ina in swim lessons (likely not to happen, but I have taken her swimming a lot)
- Go to a drive-in movie (maybe this weekend?)
- Take Ina to the Kansas City zoo - she has gone, just not with me. This might have to wait until fall.
- Clean out the garage. Very. Heavy. Sigh.
5. Five things Ina has said lately:
- “No Mommy! Milk Cold!” as she threw her sippy cup across the kitchen. She doesn’t like cold milk. So weird.
- “No! Elsa! No! Elsa!” when I try to sing Let it Go in the car because I left my phone in the backseat and can’t play the Frozen soundtrack. I understand, I am nothing close to the real thing, but I would like some credit for effort.
- “Aumlette HUSH!” while holding her finger to her lips when our dog makes even a whimper. Then she immediately wants to read Goodnight Moon, because saying “hush” reminds her of the old lady who whispers hush.
- “WAKE-UP MAMMA!” after the room is dark and quiet for 5 minutes and I am positive she is finally asleep.
- “Mommy work. Bye Bye. Kisses.” as I am running around the house trying to get everything ready to leave. I always stop for kisses.
Have a good weekend!