Brace yourself for a random post.
Five recipes I have made lately and loved:
- No bake blueberry jam bars (completely DPD friendly)
- Crockpot lentils and brown rice - I have recently discovered how much I love lentils
- Pineapple, cucumber, and mint salad - I made this for small group last night - I liked it, but I don’t know if anyone else did - ha!
- Sun dried tomato turkey burgers - so good we are having them again for dinner tonight
- Roasted sugar snap peas - I continue to believe that every vegetable tastes better when roasted
Five things I am looking forward to:
- The detox being over tomorrow - coffee, here I come. I want to try to make my own iced coffee. I will likely add in the occasional dairy, but I am going to try very hard to stay away from sugar and of course gluten.
- A laid back weekend - it seems we will have the perfect mix of planned activities and sitting around, which I love.
- 4th of July!
- Running again. I love T25, and I am finally feeling like I can do most of the workouts, but I do miss running. I have one more week of T25, and then it is back to pounding the pavement.
- Football season. Is it too early for that yet?
Five new things Ina is saying:
- “Yeah” which has replaced “no” or “uh-uh” very appropriately and I couldn’t be more thankful
- “Yay Royals!” while clapping
- “Hummus!” which might be her favorite food of all time. She says it as soon as I open the can of chickpeas.
- “Luv you Momma-Daddy” which is so sweet
- “Two” after I say one, and “Eight” after I say seven. She will still repeat the rest of the numbers after me, but she knows what comes after one and seven. Ha!
Five things I would do if there were more than 24 hours in a day:
- Train for another triathlon. The one I want to do is the same one I did last year and it just happens to be on my 30th birthday. I think there is something so cool about that.
- Read the last book in the Divergent series
- Clean out my pantry - I swear this needs to be done once a month at least or else things start falling on me
- List all the things we don’t need / use in our house on Craig’s List or Ebay. I have done this with a handful of items and it is very surprising what other people want.
- Spend more time with Ina just being with her and not trying to do something else at the same time.
OK, I think that is enough. Have a great Wednesday!