Yay! Summer is finally here! I feel like I have been waiting for this season extra long this year. To ensure it doesn’t come and go without a trace, I have a little checklist of things I want to do before Labor Day.
- Make popsicles
- Teach Ina to catch lightening bugs
- Complete an open water swim workout (scary)
- Enroll Ina in swim lessons
- Can something from my garden - likely tomatoes
- Go to the farmer’s market
- Take Ina down a water slide
- Enjoy a cocktail with my girlfriends on a patio somewhere (sans Ina)
- Take Ina to a Royals game at home (I am ashamed to admit this hasn’t happened yet)
- Go on a picnic date with Dan
- Read a book - this is laughable because I haven’t read a book since Ina was born, but a girl can dream, right?
- Take Ina to the Kansas City zoo - there are so many more animal sounds to learn!
- Go to a drive-in movie
- Play frisbee with Dan
- Clean out the garage. OK, let’s be real - clean out a wall of the garage
- Go fishing - let Ina hold a worm
Am I missing anything important? What’s on your list?