Happy Mother’s Day!
I woke up this morning to the birds in my own backyard chirping! I immediately went outside to investigate the nest and found those cuties.
I am only a few years into this motherhood thing, so I won’t pretend to know all that it entails. However, I do know it is the most special, rewarding, and demanding job I will ever have.
So, thanks to my momma for always being there and thanks to Ina for making me become a mom. Also, thanks to all the other (past and present) mommas I have in my life - you know who you are and you are awesome.
[Had to sneak in one vacation pic - brace yourself for many, many more to come]
We flew in late last night and don’t really have time to go grocery shopping today, so the next few days are going to rely on some pantry / freezer staples.
I just might have to go buy some kale.
- Sunday: crunchy taco hamburger helper with broccoli (while doing copious amount of laundry)
- Monday: crockpot turkey breast with carrots, potatoes, and salad
- Tuesday: small group
- Wednesday: marsala chicken and mushroom casserole with roasted veggies
- Thursday: baked white fish with onions, peppers, olives, and feta with sweet potatoes and green beans (we had the most amazing seafood in California and that is all I want now)
- Friday: Royals game - currently searching for a good tailgating recipe
- Saturday: out to eat / something social
- Sunday: mow the yard - after a week out of town this thing is a beast
- Monday: 4 mile run
- Tuesday: spin class
- Wednesday: 3 mile run + arms
- Thursday: 10 mile run
- Friday: rest
- Saturday: 3 to 4 mile run
Getting back in the swing of things after vacation is always a challenge. Here’s hoping that we don’t go out to eat for dinner tonight. Ha!
What are you up to this week?