First things first - Happy Birthday to Dan-the-Man(hole)! <— a new nickname he earned from some people we met in Vegas.
We are celebrating his birthday by going to Opening Day at Kauffman Stadium. I can only hope that this year will be as fun as last year!
Remember when Dan was on the Jumbo-tron? I can’t believe that was an entire year ago!
I have absolutely nothing prepared for our tailgating festivities, so while I get a move on, here are some of my favorite things from this week:
- The How I Met Your Mother series finale. I know that many people hated it, but I absolutely love when a story wraps up in the end. You might think I am dark, but I was hoping it ended in that way. Did you watch it? Did you like it?
- Don’t Help Your Kids with Their Homework - an article about parents being involved in their children’s school. I have a few memories of my parents helping me on big projects, but in general I did my school work on my own and I would call my education a success. However, I can understand how difficult it would be to keep out, I can barely let Ina in a different room!
- Kids Business - Think Beyond the Lemonade Stand - How Dave Ramsey introduced his children to the business world.
- Aldi’s vegetable chips - our new afternoon snack
- FitSnap - an app that easily lets me lay workout related text over pictures. I pick my activity, duration, and distance, and then pick how I want it displayed. Then I press and button and send it on over to Instagram. It is my new favorite way to keep track of workouts.
I did all of that while walking up my short driveway after yesterday’s run with Ina.
I am off to get stuff done. I hope you have a fantastic weekend with the ones you love!