Good morning! Last week I wrote about a few bad decisions I made throughout the day. Yesterday was actually a pretty good day, it is just filled with little mis-steps.
- I sliced and de-seeded a jalapeño and then put my contacts in. Yee-ow.
- I dressed Ina for the day (in a white shirt) and then gave her strawberries for breakfast
- I had plans to run during lunch, so I went downstairs to the gym to change. Once I was completely dressed, I realized that I forgot my headphones at my desk. So, I took the elevator up to the 4th floor, in my running tights and made the mad dash to my desk in the hopes that no one would see me. I only saw my boss and her boss. Sigh. Nothing says “professional” like running tights.
- When I got to my desk I realized that I also didn’t have a hair tie, so I frantically searched my desk, and found one. The only problem was that it was being used. I can’t even say how it was being used, it is so embarrassing. Let’s just say I will never forget my hair tie again, because when I do I go to a very desperate and dark place where I don’t care about the consequences.
- Yesterday was my sister’s birthday, so when I picked Ina up after work we immediately came home and I gave her some crayons to color her a card.
This was a good idea - but leaving her unsupervised with said crayons while I cooked dinner was not. She colored on the table, I guess I should be lucky she didn’t color on the wall.
A few good decisions from yesterday
- Running - 4.6 miles on the treadmill - it was the good run I have been looking for.
- Making this brown rice and turkey casserole for dinner. Ina and I gobbled it up. I will repeat it for sure and probably double and freeze half next time.
- Taking time in the morning for meditation and prayer. Even though my mornings are pretty hectic, I find that when take time for this I can handle much more (see above) throughout the day with stride.
How about you? Did you make any bad or good decisions yesterday?
Have a good day!