Today I am thankful for my job.
You guys mostly know me as a runner / momma, but by day I am a pharmacokineticist, which is a fancy way of saying I figure out the math behind medications. I work for a company that does phase 1 / first in human studies for drugs so we can determine what dose of a med to give in different situations.
Of course there are days when I question my path in life, but what I need to constantly remind myself is that I have a really good job. A job I should be (and am) thankful for. Having the flexibility to make my own hours and work from home is just the beginning.
My employer also:
- Pays for my gym membership (and provides a gym on site)
- Pays for half of my Weight Watchers monthly membership
- Provides on site flu vaccines and yearly wellness screens
- Pays for race entry fees (they completely paid for me to run the Groundhog Run on Sunday)
- Provides a very well stocked first aid kit. When I was pregnant, I survived off of the Tums (which ended up giving me a kidney stone, but that is a different story), and yesterday I used a band-aide to cover up my post-race collar bone chafe.
-Provides me with a new personal computer every three years - I have had my Mac for 1.5 years now and it is still going strong.
-Provide me with a salary to provide for my family
Yesterday we also had an employee all inclusive get-a-way (to the building next door) where we had a huge party. There was beach food,
lawn chairs, hammocks, fruity drinks, music, dancing, and black jack.
Guess where I was the whole time? Well, after the food.
Too bad it was fake money - I would have won big yesterday!
Whenever I get on the grass is greener train I am going to read this post again.
Have a great day!