Good morning and Happy Friday! I hope you had a fantastic week.
Yesterday I wasn't feeling a run, so I was pumped when I found the Soli Beat DVD in my mail box.
So, you can imagine how excited I was to have my favorite blogger in my living room. Ha!
Soli Beat is a dance type workout, which is very different from anything I am used to (running, biking, swimming, JM, etc).
During the first few dances, I was pretty uncomfortable. Even though I had gone through the beginner portion which walks you through the steps, I wasn't doing them all correctly.
But, then I was like, "Racheal, who cares? Just have fun. No one can see you."
That is when things got a little crazy and I got a lot sweaty. Who knew that you could get such a great workout in by dancing? (Okay, a lot of people know that.) Seriously, I am sore today!
Thanks Gina for pulling me out of my comfort zone. I can't wait to get the moves down a little better. Maybe I will bust them out at the next wedding I go to?
Other Friday favorites:
- This comic called, The Only Thing that is Certain After a Year of Parenting. It is mostly funny, but my favorite part is the end:
- Ina searching for the cheapest turkey this Thanksgiving
(Give that girl any paper product: magazines, our church bulletin, a grocery receipt, and she is entertained for at least 20 minutes.)
- Not so favorite - this snarky article written about why runners run. Even though I mostly don't agree with him, I do LOVE to talk about my running (hence this blog). I also can't deny that I like the accolades I get from other people when I talk about it. However, if it helps me to run one more day, to be healthy, then who cares? Everyone needs motivation, right?
- These skinny jeans. Remember when StitchFix sent me jeans that I loved that were too big? I found them on Amazon (for $20 cheaper!) in my size. I can't wait to wear them to work today. This is the first pair of jean I have purchased since pharmacy school!
- Ina's first birthday party. I am doing a Very Hungry Caterpillar Theme. Here is the invite:
Hope you have a blessed weekend!