Yesterday I had three kids: my 3 year old nephew Kauffman, 18 month old niece Hallaway, and Ina.
We had quite a day. We started out at my grandparents' house in Garden City.
(attempted nap time)
We left there to visit my other grandma in the hospital. She fell and broke her pelvic bone. She is doing great considering, but prayers are appreciated.
We stopped by the park on the way home.
I am now convinced that the park was the secret to my success.
It was a blast.
After the park we came home I bribed Kauffman with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Hallaway with cheese and books, and Ina with peas, so I could make dinner.
I made this one pot cheeseburger casserole (thanks Leila!) with brown rice noodles. It was good and simple. (If you make it don't skip out on the lettuce and dill pickles - they take it to the next level.)
After bath time, pajamas, and prayers, all the kids were asleep in separate beds by 8:30 PM.
As I went to bed I felt like I deserved an olympic medal. I have no idea how people do this daily and I give major props to anyone who does.
I could easily see why. Having three kids in the house made it more alive, more active, more fun. When I was reading Kauffman a book he wrapped his arms around my neck and said, "I love my Racheal." Melted my heart.
Hallway kept on picking her head up to give me kisses when I was rocking her to sleep.
Baby girl has a slight jealousy problem.
Having them here of course has me thinking how and when the next Baby Kendrick will come. I think I need a few more years of rest first. Ha!
Here is my tentative plan for the week:
- Sunday: white chicken chili
- Monday: shepard's pie
- Tuesday: small group - I just realized we don't have a plan for dinner. I will get on that.
- Wednesday: pork roast with carrots, potatoes, and onions
- Thursday: crockpot spaghetti sauce with salad
- Friday: leftovers / out to eat
- Saturday: leftovers / out to eat
- Sunday: attempting to get in a run today
- Monday: 3-4 mile run with Kim
- Tuesday: spin class
- Wednesday: off
- Thursday: interval treadmill work
- Friday: off
- Saturday: longer run - 6ish miles
What is your plan for the week?