Good morning. How is your Tuesday looking?
I am feeling very optimistic about mine as I continue to knock things off my to-do list. I am going to have a few words with whoever keeps adding things back on, but that is another story.
Last night we visited our good friends Brad and Chessa and their new stud muffin Silo for dinner.
Ina loves an opportunity to be the bigger baby. It doesn't happen very often.
I bought this yummy roasted veggie dip for an appetizer.
I love roasted veggies. Turning them into a dip is taking it to the next level.
This is weirdly healthy and tasty.
Here is the recipe:
Roasted Eggplant Spread
Recipe modified from Ina Garten
- 1 eggplant
- 2 sweet onions
- 3 bell peppers (I used two green and one red, but I think any combo would work)
- 3 tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400
- Chop all veggies into chunks except for garlic
- Toss everything in EVOO and salt and pepper
- Spread on cookie sheet and roast in oven for 45 minutes
- After veggies have cooled, pulse in a food processor until they are chunky, like salsa. (Be sure not to over-pulse, or else you might have baby food.)
This was great as a dip, but could also be used as a pasta sauce. I also have visions of slapping it on some chicken, topping it with goat cheese, and baking my heart out. Yum.
Also, be sure not to forget the eggplant. Or else you will have to take everything out of the oven and start all over again.
Eggplant seems to be a required ingredient for roasted eggplant dip. Weird, I know.
Have a great day!