I am pretty excited today because yesterday I discovered my new favorite workout. I biked 4 miles to the gym, swam for 15 minutes, and then biked 4 miles back. It was so refreshing, purposeful, and cleared my head for a busy day.
Now i just need to add 2.6 miles onto that bike and a 3 mile run and I am good to go.
Dan also adjusted my seat yesterday, because I am pretty sure the person who owned my bike before me was half my size. I took it for a test ride and the results were life changing. Maybe I won't have to get off my bike and walk up the hill during the race. Maybe.
Guess what - tomorrow is the first day of my last year in my 20's. Exciting, huh?
Remember last year when I posted 28 things I wanted to do in my 28th year? I thought it would be fun to recap what I did and didn't do (in pink).
- Pay off a student loan. Check, check, check. I was so excited to announce this.
- Start a college fund for Margaret. No, but according to Dave Ramsey, we shouldn't do this until we are debt free, so we still have a few more years.
- Go on a family vacation. We went to Texas and to Chicago
- Run another half marathon. I (barely) ran Kansas City's Hospital Hill in June
- Pick a full marathon to train for. Bahahaha. I obviously was sans child when I wrote that. I am just not willing to give up the Ina-time it would cost to train for a full. But, I am happy to do more halfs.
- Reach goal weight. Nope, but I did reach my pre-Ina weight.
- Convince Dan to shave off his sideburns. Drat. Maybe this year?
- Decorate a guest bedroom We are lucky if our guest bedroom bed has sheets on it
- Plan a family spending budget and stick to it. All thanks to FPU.
- Add something other than running to my workouts Yes! I tried a few new things - biking, swimming, and Jillian Michaels videos have stuck.
- Become a member of a new church. Yes! Dan was recently baptized and we are so happy to be members of how church!
- Write letters to my daughter. I wrote this letter to Ina, but I have more to go.
- Read one scientific article a month.
- Teach Dan how to his treasures on eBay. Kind of. We listed a few things on CL, but I could improve on this.
- Wear a bikini. Yes! I have worn a bikini when we have swam with family this Summer.
- Build a better wardrobe Starting slowly but surely with Stitch Fix!
- Improve blog dynamic, search-ability, and readership. I have done some, but still have a lot further to go!
- Help Dan pack his breakfast and lunch for work.
- Start and finish a DIY home project. This one is getting added to next year's list.
- Read a non-fiction book. Dan and I are currently reading a few non-fiction books. The bible is our favorite!
- Do something in Kansas City How did this not happen?
- Try something new with hair My friend Kim cut my hair off!
- Volunteer for Girls on the Run. Yes, this was so fun and I hope to do it again!
- Re-get into the habit of writing thank you cards. We were so blessed with gifts from friends and family with Ina. I wrote so many thank you cards, but I could have written twice that.
- Fix the light in the kitchen. Yes!
- Learn how to use Twitter. I am not an expert, but I know what a hashtag is now.
- Carve a pumpkin. We went to the pumpkin patch and carved pumpkins the next day!
- Soak it in. I hope I remember this great year!