Some highlights from my Sunday:
- Church - always great. We had a small group host meeting after the service, so Ina rocked out two hours in the nursery.
- My aunt visiting
- A 4.5 mile walk (or therapy session) with Kim
- Ina using a big girl cup.
I thought this was a great idea until about 30 seconds later when she saw the dogs playing and threw the cup down to crawl towards them.
- Watching football while peeling apples
- Making crockpot applesauce. This was so delicious, it was hard not to eat the entire thing warm!
- Receiving baked goods in the mail
This month I signed up for Bakin Friends hosted by Steph.
You can read more about it here, but the basic concept is that every month you are matched with someone to send you a baked good and someone else to send a baked good. Additionally, every month there is a special ingredient that needs to be used. This month the ingredient was zucchini and Deb sent me some delicious (gluten free) zucchini bread.
I have never tried buckwheat flour, but the bread was absolutely delicious, but I need to buy some now! Thanks Deb!
I sent some zucchini cookies to Alex over at Yums and Loves.
I really enjoyed the concept of baking for a stranger, and I also loved waiting for my baked gift to arrive!
Also - just to make your Monday extra special - here is a picture of Ina and her cousin giving each other some love.
I can't get enough of these babies! Have a wonderful week!