Yesterday morning I really didn't have time for a run.
I slept in. Dan needed his medications. The laundry and dishes were piling up. It was hot out.
However, I knew I needed it, so I strapped Ina in the running stroller and away we went.
As we were running by an elderly neighbor working in her garden, who we often wave to in the morning, she yelled at me, "You run faster with the buggy than anyone I ever saw!"
I resisted the urge to run up her driveway and give her a sweaty hug / kiss and instead just yelled back, "Thanks!"
Now, I assume that I may be one of the only people she has seen running with a jogging stroller, and given the limited sample size, I would be the fasted by default, but a compliment is a compliment. You couldn't smack the smile off my face the rest of the day.
Reasons why a smile stayed on my face:
- Ina playing with a watermelon (used as a distraction to stop her from playing with the wine rack)
- Picking veggies in the garden while Dan and Ina played in the pool
- Ina bobbing for cherry tomatoes in the pool
- Grilling jalapeños for these spice-a-ritas (those are a must try, they burn soooo good)
- Dan's turkey burgers (no picture - needed to eat it as soon as it was ready)
- Our friends Chessa and Brad brought over their new 1 week old baby Silo.
He loves me so much he was giving me a kiss.
- Ina playing with Dan's crutches
She stuck her tounge out as soon as she saw I was taking a picture. What a stinker!
I hope you have a wonderful Saturday!