The reason for my skyrocketting stress levels: Dan is getting a new hip.
My stress has leveled now, thanks to many wonderful conversations I have had with friends, family, and God and the knowledge that Dan has not yet quit his job. Oh, and the security of short term disability insurance. Thank God for short term disability insurance.
The question that I have been answering the most lately: "Exactly how old is your husband?" 28. He is 28 and getting a new hip. If you know Dan in real life, this should come to no surprise to you. He limps when he walks and he falls about 10 times a day when his hip "catches."
Dan has had a disease in his hips his entire life. He has already had 3 hip surgeries, but this is the first replacement.
Tonight's do-to list:
We went to a class last week on joint replacement surgery and it was pretty eye opening. Until then I hadn't really put a vision with Dan's surgery recovery, instead I was selfishly thinking of our household's vitality. Now I know this is going to be an uphill climb for both of us, but mostly for Dan.
Thoughts going through my head:
- I am not a very good nurse
- I need to learn how to start the lawn mower
- Maybe I should get hip surgery so I can stay home with Ina for 2 months
- I hope Dan doesn't have much pain. I hate seeing people in pain.
- I wonder what kind of food the hospital cafeteria has?
- I need to clean the sheets tonight
If you happen to talk to The Big Guy Upstairs, a shout out would be greatly appreciated. <3