Good morning and Happy Mother's Day (one day late)!
Here a few of the "gifts" I received.
- A 10 mile run. Now I know that might not sound like much of a gift, but anytime I have almost 2 hours to myself that isn't for work or grocery shopping is pretty amazing these days.
(This guy lives on my long country route and follows me at least 4 miles.) Although I love the time I get to run, I miss my little family so much when I am gone!
- After the 10 mile run I came home, pushed mowed my back yard, and deemed myself worn-out enough to drink a beer in the shower.
Who needs the spa or a massage when you can have a cold refreshing Bud Light Lime next to the dog shampoo?
- Saturday night we went to dinner with friends at a newer restaurant in Kansas City- Louie's Wine Dive. I am a fan. Any place that has kegs of wine AND sriracha on the menu is great in my book. Thanks to Dan's family for watching Ina!
- Sunday after church I had 20 guests at my house to celebrate some of the moms in our family. We had a Greek menu:
Greek tacos following this recipe
Panzanella following this recipe
Baklava cups following this recpe
My mom made moussaka and brought hummus and pita chips. Many brought dessert. It was delish.
- After lunch was the best gift of all. Sitting in the backyard with my family on a beauitful day well into the evening.
Throwing the frisbee.
It was a great first mother's day.