Yesterday morning, I finally got around to baking my favorite pumpkin recipe - SkinnyTaste's banana pumpkin bread.
Have you made this yet? No? Here are 5 reasons why you should let 3 bananas go almost bad and bake it this weekend:
1. To celebrate Fall. Skip the pumpkin candle and throw this baby in the oven. It will leave your house smelling divine.
2. It is pumpkin-y, but not too pumpkin-y. There is only 1/2 C in the entire loaf. I think even pumpkin haters would love it.
3. It only has 2 TBS of butter. Move over, Paula Deen! Now, if you add two TBS of butter on top of each slice, (I am looking at you, Dan) that may defeat the purpose.
4. It has some whole wheat and some white flour in it. For the longest time, I didn't make any of the SkinnyTaste baked goods because I didn't have whole wheat flour. Don't let that hold you back - just use all white flour. Although, now that I have whole wheat flour, I can say it is delicious.
5. It is the perfect breakfast because it is healthy enough to count as breakfast, but tastes good enough to have for dessert. Or for both, and an afternoon snack. And a few bites as I walked through the kitchen...
Yesterday was a sandwich type day. My lunch looked like I was in kindergarden.
Then Dan made me a hot ham and cheese while I was working for dinner.
After dinner Dan took the last of our grocery budget (we lasted through the month!) to buy a gallon of milk and some Blue Bell, which we ate while watching and falling asleep to the Chiefs game.
Happy Friday! I hope you get to spend your weekend doing exactly what you love, whatever that may be.
Thought for the day
Question for the day
Have you tried a SkinnyTaste recipe yet? If not, you are missing out. This is one of the best recipe sites out there, which just happens to be healthy. If you have, which is your favorite?