Holy Moly! Only THREE more weeks!
I am so excited to show you pictures of the nursery so you can be in awe of how fan-freaking-bomb-tastic my Aunt Charmen is. To get the full effect, here is before:
And now after:
See, I told you my aunt is a rockstar.
When Dan saw the canopy over the crib he said, "Oh my, she really is going to be a princess." Ha!
The rocker / glider is going to go in this corner below the puff balls.
This is an old wardrobe that has been in my family for years. My grandparents painted it pink and we added black knobs. I think it turned out adorable.
The dresser that we are going to use as a changing table also has been in my family for quite some time. We still need a changing pad to put on top and I am in the market for a few more black frames, but you get the idea.
After we finished putting everything up, Dan and I sat down and looked at each other at the same time and said, "hopefully Margaret isn't a boy!"
- I am starting to slightly swell. I think this would go away if I could keep hydrated, but it seems no matter how much water I chug and ice I chew I am still thirsty. I had to take my wedding ring off. I know it is going to be hard to keep the men away, but I only have 3 weeks. Hehehe.
- Every day I wake up and think, only xx more days until my life is going to change FOREVER
- I have discovered that through the new preventative health act that goes into effect in 2013, I am going to get my breast pump for FREE (minus the 3 hours I spent on the phone with my insurance company to figure that out). Holla!
- Margaret still moves all the time. You would think she would run out of room, but she seems quite comfy in there.
- I keep on waiting for that truly uncomfortable feeling that people describe in the last few weeks of pregnancy. I hope it stays away as long as possible, but for now, I am feeling pretty good.
- I found a pediatrician and I think I have decided to put Margaret on Dan's insurance - both little things that were nagging to-dos. We are getting closer and closer to being as ready as we can!
Thought for the day
Question for the day
Is there such a thing as too much pink?