I know, I know - it has officially been Fall for a few weeks now, but it really hit me this weekend. Here are 10 reasons why.
1. We turned our heat on. The past few mornings getting out from under the covers was even more difficult than before - with nightly lows in the 30s it was a necessity.
2. Pumpkin spice coffee. Mmmmm....
3. Dark finger nail polish. My sister painted my nails for my baby shower. It is amazing how much better they look when someone other than myself paints them!
4. My first live football game of the season.
I love football season, and yesterday I remembered exactly why (even though my team lost). There is nothing that matches the excitement in the air before the beginning of a football game. I tried to soak it in as much as possible, because my free Sundays without the need of a babysitter are going to be numbered.
5. Boots and scarves. It may be only be, but every year, when I put my boots on for the first time, I feel like a biker. I have to look down at my feet for a solid 5 minutes before I can convince myself I don't need to jump on the back of a Harley.
(Pictures from Saturday night at our friend's Brad's birthday party - thanks Chessa! Notice Dan is still wearing a baseball shirt, even though our team's season is already over, and shorts. He doesn't know it is Fall yet.)
6. Fall food - yesterday Dan made a delicious pot roast for dinner. It warmed my heart and my belly!
7. Mums in my planters. Thanks to my grandma who couldn't stand those pots being empty.
8. Fall decor. I still need to find our Fall decorations box, but I do have a little black bird on our mantel.
9. Bon fires. The birthday party Saturday night included a fire pit, and although I didn't stand next to it, Dan did and I smelled the remains all night long. Fun fact - when I was in 4th grade I made my own birthday invitations that invited everyone to my birthday "bomb fire." Needless to say, there were a few concerned parents.
10. The pumpkin patch - I can't stop thinking about it. Hopefully we will get to go soon!
Thought for the day
Question for the day
Does it feel like Fall to you yet? Why?
Have you ever misspelled something that changed the definition of what you were trying to say? Unfortunately, it happens to me quite frequently.