Good Monday morning! I didn't blog this weekend, so we have a lot to catch up on:
- We had our childbirth class on Saturday. I will post a full report later this week, but it is safe to say that Dan and I are both scared to death of labor. Margaret, please stay in there as long as possible.
- We went out to eat for my brother's girlfriend's birthday (Mexican deliciousness)
and then found out they are engaged! We are happy to have Cindy be an official part of our family!
- The bonfire and cheesecake afterwards were the perfect way to celebrate a wonderful day.
- Sunday Dan and I FINALLY finished hanging up the light fixtures in the kitchen. And we are still married, so I would call that a win.
- I also FINALLy wrote my thank you notes. It was so fun to go over all the presents for Margaret again and think about all the wonderful ladies in our families she will have to look up to.
- Dan made some fantastic spaghetti and meatballs, which we enjoyed with some friends outside.
-We took advantage of the wonderful weather by picking the rest of our peppers in the garden to freeze,
and then played hedge-apple baseball.
It is a pretty complicated game where anyone who gets splattered in the face with a hedge apple wins.
We were all winners.
Pure athleticism right there, folks.
Thought for the day
Question for the day
Have you ever played hedge apple baseball? Dan used to play when he was a kid all the time, but this was a first for me. Any other fun, but different, games you played as a kid?