1. I had three cans of pumpkin burning a hole in my pantry, so I made my first pumpkin recipe of the Fall - pumpkin baked oatmeal.
It was okay, but tasted like it needed a little something more. Probably chocolate chips.
2. My friend Chessa gave me the best birthday present ever - a Runner's ID tag.
She was super smart and put her phone number on there as well as Dan's, because, like me, Dan has a problem with keeping track of his phone. How horrible would it be if someone found me passed out on the side of the road and couldn't get ahold of Dan? Maybe I should also start putting Chessa's number on my dog's tags too.
3. Gelato is my new favorite thing.
I met Chessa and Meg for a pregnant girl friendly happy hour at Picaugo, a gelato place dangerously close to where I work. Although choosing from the 30 flavors was nearly impossible, I finally settled on grapefruit, banoffee (banana toffee), pistachio almond, and sea salt caramel (the best one).
I also loved that the nutritional information is posted right at the checkout and also on their website.
Always very much appreciated.
It was crazy delicious, but I loved the company even more. When the conversation moves from mole tentacles to money management, you know you have had a good night.
4. I have an awesome new accessory to sport around work today.
Did I have shoulder surgery? No. Did I fall and hurt myself? No, but good guess. Did I get shot? No, but that would have been way more exciting that the actual answer. I had an atypical mole removed (remember my cancer freak out?). Apparently when the mole is atypical, so is the inch of skin surrounding it. I think my dermatologist wanted to make sure all of it was gone and accidently took off half my shoulder. Oh well, I wasn't using that skin anyways.
5. I tried to stay up and watch the presidental debates last night. I payed closely attention to half of them while eating my grandpa's homemade deer sausage, cheese, and crackers.
But, I fell asleep somewhere around the healthcare / medicare part. Fail. Next time the TV networks should really take my bedtime into consideration when scheduling the time of these debates.
Thought for the day
Question for the day
Did you stay awake for the entire debate?
Which is better - ice cream, gelato, or frozen custard? I think I am a custard girl at heart.
Tried any good pumpkin recipes this Fall yet?