The above is my (happy) Jack-o-latern. I always carve a happy one, but this year I made sure to, as to not scare Kauffman even more.
Dan carved Margaret's most likely real name into his pumpkin, so I can't show it here. But, if you want to know, you can just stop by and trick-or-treat at our house. :)
The past few weeks I have lost quite a few things:
- Sleep. Tons of it. Dan and I have finally set up shop in the living room because the couch is the only place that I can sleep and support my belly at the same time. Dan loves the piles of pillows and blankets on the floor. He says it feels like camping.
-My breath. My lung capacity is shrinking by the minute. If I sit in the wrong position I find myself struggling to breathe. I tried to paint my toenails last weekend and every time I bent down to paint one I had to suck in a huge breath, like I was going under water.
- Bladder control. No sneeze is safe.
- Flexibility. Dan caught the below picture as I was trying to bend back and almost fell over.
- It. Yep, I have lost it, mentally speaking. I start start crying at almost anything and I cannot calm myself down. I know I have said this before, but I get so frustrated with myself, because usually I am so even tempered. The following have led to a full on melt-down:
- Planning my dad's birthday party
- Not having the energy to play with Kauffman
- Regretting not playing with Kauffman enough the day after he leaves
- Finding some lost dogs on the street
- Losing a file at work (I solved that one with Halloween candy)
- Dan bringing home a car full of junk
-Self control. Mainly on Halloween candy. At the rate I am going we might have to hand out pennies instead.
- Dan is starting to think everything I do is hilarious. Sitting on the stool to get ready in the morning. Grunting as I get up from the couch. Eating too much Halloween candy. He says he loves that I am finally showing some vulnerability, whatever that is supposed to mean. He has received some advice from some wonderful women and I am reaping the benefits - foot rubs, back rubs, ice water delivery, dinner, etc. He is doing a great job.
(He is pouting in the above picture because he doesn't want to show his belly. hehe)
- We get to tour the hospital this weekend. I am so glad I will finally have the setting correct in my nightmares about the delivery. Ha!
Breakfast and lunch were leftovers, but I did make something for dinner - buffalo chicken pizza.
I topped a Trader Joe's pizza crust with a sauce of hot sauce and blue cheese salad dressing. I added shredded chicken (that I boiled for about 15 minutes), a bell pepper sliced, and 1/4 onion sliced. I topped it all with a little cilantro and cheddar cheese. It was delish.
Thought for the day
Question for the day
What is your favorite thing about Halloween? I love handing out candy - I can't wait to see all the costumes.