Still no belly picture. I remembered I needed to take one after I changed into my pajamas last night and there was no going back. I plan on editing this post and adding a picture from my shower tomorrow, where I hope to look at least half way presentable.
I feel about the same as last week - great and just a little bit bigger. Other updates:
- The nursery is almost finished being painted. It is absolutely beautiful and exactly what I pictured. I owe it all to my wonderful Aunt Charmen. There are still some corners to be stenciled, and a detail to be added around the chair rail. But, the bulk of the work is done. Now I am ready to start adding the furniture and the frills.
- I am starting to feel the pressure on my bladder that would normally mean it is full, but when I lug myself to the bathroom I find it was a false alarm. To remedy this, I am trying to chug as much water as possible - at least that way the trip to the bathroom will be worth it.
- My mom read my complaint about how I don't have any Fall / Winter maternity clothes, so she came to my rescue with a ton of dresses from Old Navy. Super cute and comfy. Apparently, all I need to do is complain about my lack of something here, and it will show up at my doorstep. You know, Margaret would LOVE an in-ground pool to play in this summer...
- I haven't heard anything back from my glucose tolerance test last week. The scared part of me wants to assume that no news is good news, but the healthcare professional part of me knows that I need to call - like yesterday.
- I don't know if it is the hormones, the lack of sleep, or just my true personality coming out now that I don't have the endorphins associated with running, but little things are continuing to make me upset that wouldn't before. By upset, I mean, I can feel my blood start to boil. This upsets me even more because I know Margaret can feel a little of what I am feeling and I don't want her to come into the world grumpy. So, I am currently practicing relaxation and calming techniques. Breathe in, breathe out....
- Along with the mood swings, I am also experiencing temperature swings. I was training someone at my desk at few days ago, and all of a sudden a wave of heat came over me and I felt like I was going to pass out. I had to get up and get some ice water. I felt so rude, but I guess it would have been more rude to pass out right in front of her.
- My insomnia may be getting worse. I can't sleep on my back because Margaret is too heavy and will crush my vena cava. I can't sleep on my belly because I will crush Margaret. Now, I can't sleep on my left side because of my stitches. So, my poor right side is getting the brunt of my uncomfortableness.
- I am due December 19, which is just a few days before Christmas. I have already had nightmares about showing up to family Christmas without a present to give. I don't want to spend the last few weeks of my pregnancy stressed out about gifts, so I my goal is to have everything purchased, and mostly wrapped, by the weekend after Thanksgiving. I already have 4 gifts! Only about 30 more to go....
As I read through this list, it seems like I am complaining, but I promise, I am not- most of the time. I am still really enjoying this pregnancy and the insomnia, bladder pressure, and mood / temperature swings are nothing compared to the rush of happiness I feel every. single. time. Margaret gives me a little nudge to remind me she is there.
Thought for the day
How do you sleep? One side, or all over the place? Before this pregnacy I was a back sleeper, and even now I wake up on my back.