Sorry for the sleepy eyes - this was taken waaay past my bedtime.
I talked to my midwife about the pressure I am feeling and she confirmed what my sister thought - I have developed varicose veins below the baby. They are also popping up on my leg - very sexy, I know. As I stand up, blood pools in these veins and they are painful.
So, as far as running goes, I think I will be out of commission until after the baby comes. Whomp whomp. I know that is very bad news, but the longer I stand up the worse the veins get and the more painful they are. So, I don't want to add that on to the amount I already walk and stand throughout the day. The varicose veins are no risk to the baby at all - just not so fun for the momma. They are supposed to disappear after delivery. Fingers crossed.
She checked my cervix just to make sure I wasn't describing any other type of pressure, and we are good to go on that front.
I am hoping to start swimming a few days a week next week. I need to start looking to an active maternity swimsuit.
(Lilly wants to be a momma too.)
- Margaret is moving more and more. The other day I swear she did a complete flip. It was more that her normal kicks, almost like a fish was flopping around inside my belly. I was driving with Dan in the passenger seat and I felt it and squealed. We laughed about it after I assured him everything was fine and he stopped freaking out.
- I am starting to freak about about baby supplies. My parents are generously getting us a crib for my birthday and told me to pick one out. Sounds simple enough, but there are so many choices out there. Every time I try to pick one out I feel so overwhelmed that I quit and do something else. What is important in looking for a crib? I have no freaking clue. it doesn't stop there. What about bottles, pumps, car seats, strollers, baths, diapers, pacifiers, etc? I have no idea what is good and what isn't good in the land of baby. I am going to steal my sister and take her with me to Babies R' Us.
- My running shorts are starting not to fit. This is sad news, because they are my weekend uniform.
- Everything else checked out perfectly at my midwife appointment. She measured my belly for the first time, which was exciting. Next appointment is the glucose tolerance test. Yippee.
- I thought I wanted a circus nursery. But now I have changed my mind. I want a circus playroom and a pink and black nursery like this one. So cute.
- We are going on a BabyMoon next week! I am getting mentally prepared for a long flight.
- Other than above I have had a delightfully easy and healthy pregnancy, so I don't want to seem like I am complaining. In general, things are going wonderful still!
It was a buy-food-at work-type day, because our fridge was bare. I am so happy I did because I discovered the awesome combo that is cottage cheese, cold quinoa, and fruit. This is the perfect balanced breakfast and so tasty! I plan on making a big batch of quinoa and keeping it in my fridge for quick breakfasts on the go.
Lunch was a gyro (I don't have the ability to resist) and cold grilled veggies.
I snacked on a peach, which made me want to make peach cobbler.
Dan's parents came over for dinner. He made cheeseburger pizza and I made peach cobbler.
I made the peach cobbler following the easiest recipe ever, but definitely not the healthiest. I need to look for a healthy peach cobbler recipe.
We actually stayed up late enough to watchThe Daily Show and I have decided that I am going to start DVRing a talk show to watch the next day. I think it would be more entertaining and informative than the reality TV that is on right now. Which one is your favorite?