After Friday night’s baseball game, the rest of my weekend was gloriously uneventful. So much so that I almost didn’t write a post this morning. However, I didn’t want you all to think that I had died, so here are a few highlights from Saturday and Sunday:
- I spent all day and night Saturday with my family playing cards and entertaining the babies. Kauffman’s vocabulary is growing by the second and Hallaway has decided that she hates me. As soon as I pick her up she goes from giggly, smiling, cooing baby to a screaming monster and there is nothing I can do to make her happy. I need to learn how to deal with that in between now and December.
- Dan has bronchitis, but is feeling better after a slew of medications. My throat is a little scratchy.
- I inherited a set of nice, sturdy, non-chipped dishes. Now I can take my dinner parties to a classier level.
- Sunday Dan and I went on a lunch date, came home and took naps together on the couch, then watched The Newsroom and a really cute movie called Larry Crowne.
- After this restful weekend by legs are itching for some action. I am looking forward to getting on the treadmill for the first time in a long time.
Thought for the day: