Here are a few exciting things that happened this weekend. None of which were running.
1. Saturday I went to a family reunion. It was great to see and catch up with all of my cousins.
2. I made crunchy chicken salad slaw to bring.
As there was quite a bit leftover, it was my next 3 meals. Yes, you can have slaw for breakfast.
3. Saturday night Dan hung out with his friends and I stayed home and finished reading Sisterhood Everlasting.
I am so cool. Reading a book on Saturday night. Watch out now. It was really good and I was crying my eyes out for the last few chapters.
4. Sunday I was emptying the dishwasher and put away one of Kauffman’s sippy cups. When I looked at it I was sad because I didn’t know the next time I would see him. Then, literally 5 minutes later, Jessie called to see if I could watch him for a few hours.
It was hot, so we played with the hose.
5. Playing with the hose gave Dan the idea to go on a last minute boat ride. I didn’t want to at first, but I was so happy we did. It was a BLAST.
Kauffman loved throwing rocks
swimming in the lake,
and feeling the wind in his hair.
He even told Dan to go faster and when we started to slow down he yelled, “nooooo!”
6. After such a great day, Dan and I celebrated Sunday night by ordering fried pickles and watching The Hangover II.
I only laughed out loud twice, which is pretty much what I expected. But, watching a movie was the perfect way to wind down the weekend.
Here’s to a good, productive week!
Thought for the day