I have known I am pregnant for a little over 24 hours and I already feel like I am holding in the world’s biggest secret. I want to tell everyone I see my very exciting news – there is no way I am going to be able to hold out until 10 full weeks.
At 4 weeks I am feeling:
- Tired. I think this is more due to the lack of caffeine than the actual pregnancy. I had an 8 to 10 cups of coffee a day habit and yesterday I went down to zero. Caffeine can increase the risk for miscarriage in the first trimester and cause lower birth weights if consumed in the second and third trimester and I am not having any of that. But it is painful. So painful. Yesterday I sat at my desk like a blob, not really getting anything done. Then I came home from work and sat on the couch like a blob. I have got to figure out a way to gain more energy, or else this is going to be a long, very unproductive, 9 months.
- Crampy. Not horrible cramps, but more like little pulls and tugs throughout the day. I have read that this is a sign that my uterus is expanding, making room for the baby.
- Full of love. Yesterday morning when Dan kissed me goodbye, he told me that he loved me, like always, and then poked my belly and said, “love you too.”
- Like a liar. In the past 24 hours I haven’t eaten well. At all. I didn’t lie about what I ate, but I fudged the quantity quite a bit. I am also not going to my Weight Watchers meeting because, well, I don’t plan on losing weight for the next 9 months. However, I do plan on gaining a healthy amount of weight, and I plan on using the Weight Watchers plan to help me do that. I need to figure out how many points I should add to my daily points right now. I am also considering doing the Simply Filling Plan to help me be mindful of eating good, nutritious foods for the little one.
- Not prepared. I made a doctor’s appointment and downloaded the BabyCenter App on my phone, but there are so many things to do. Nine months is a long time, but I have a feeling it is going to go by super fast.