- Is it weird that I can’t wait for my belly to get big so someone will rub / touch it with excitement? You know how most pregnant women complain about other women feeling they have the right to touch their bellies just because they are pregnant? I am one of those other women. I just can’t hold myself back when I see a new life growing.
- I had a headache everyday last week when I got home from work, so I just went to bed. (The reason for no 14 week update). I have focused on drinking a lot of water throughout the day and eating a snack on my way home, which seems to be helping.
- I have had some CRAZY dreams and one of them was my first dream about the sex of the baby. I was going to a birthday party, and in my uterus I had either a birthday present or a baby. BUT, if it was a baby, I knew it was going to be a boy. Unfortunately, I woke up before I found out if I was pregnant, or just really well prepared for the party.
- It may be too early to call it a comeback, but I have baked and cooked the last two nights! Before now, the only thing I did in the kitchen after 5 PM was scrunch up my face and say “ewww” or “ugghhh” when Dan suggested a dinner idea.
- My clothes are getting tight. Yesterday I had to suck in when I put on my biggest pair of dress pants. Good thing my wonderfully awesome sister brought over the mother load of maternity clothes. I am saving them for a day when I am in a really bad mood.
- I am super moody, or maybe annoyed is a better word, with everything. Many times I have to hold myself back in conversations or re-read an email 10 minutes after I wrote it just to make sure I don’t sound like a crazy pregnant lady. Except with Dan – he experiences full on crazy pregnant Racheal 24/7. Lucky him.
- I am convinced that the dogs know I am pregnant. They haven’t escaped from the yard in quite a while (unfortunately it used to be a weekly event) and they are staying even closer to me than normal.
- I have started to read birth stories during my breaks at work and every single time I end up crying. It is an addiction. Someone please stop me.
- I have discovered the best pregnancy website of all time – Pregnant Chicken (thank you Chessa). If you are pregnant, or if you just need a good laugh, go there immediately. My favorite posts are Awkward Pregnancy Photos and New Dad Survival Guide (Dan loved this one).
I bought a new jar of almond butter – so of course it was part of my breakfast. So much better than peanut butter.
Talk about a comeback! Lunch was my absolutely most favorite salad. This is the first salad I have eaten in months.
Also, my sriracha tolerance has greatly decreased. I chugged 52 oz. of water while during lunch and went through 3 Kleenexes. It was totally worth it.
Dinner was chicken and stuffing casserole (Dice chicken and mix with cream of mushroom soup at 350* for about 40 minutes. Top with Swiss cheese, a box of stuffing, and a few T of melted butter. Bake for about another 15 minutes.) with my first garden tomato of the season.
I am so amazed at how much better it tasted than the ones we have been getting from Door to Door Organics. The rest of the night I stared longingly at all the green-yet-to-be-red tomatoes in our garden begging them to grow faster.
I baked zucchini-pumpkin-banana-chocolate chip bread for dessert. I started by doubling SkinnyTaste’s recipe, but didn’t have any applesauce. So I substituted a can of pumpkin and 2 mushed bananas. It had to bake a little longer, but still tasted great.
I may have been overly generous with the chocolate chips.
I opted for a brisk walk with the dogs instead of a run yesterday. It was a beautiful morning and a great way to start the day. Weirdly, my shins are pretty sore.
Thought for the day: