Having an extra great weekend usually leads to an extra sucky Monday morning when the "real world" comes back in full force. I didn't have the motivation to come up with an outdoor run route, so today was a treadmill day. BUT I did pump up the speed to 6.1 mph (watch out now) and ran 4.6 miles while watching Pan Am.
To ward off my Monday morning blues, I am going to list all the great things about this weekend:
1. Friday night we went to a family bowling birthday party and I did hit at least one strike and a few spares
2. Saturday I actually sat down and watched an entire movie that Dan picked out. Usually I don't have enough patience / time / interest for that sort of thing, but the movie was really good. It was called It's Kind of a Funny Story. Apparently it is based on a book, which I have added to my "to read" list.
3. Saturday night I tasted two new South African drinks called springbokkies and melktertjies both made from the liquor pictured below. They were extra tasty! Also, notice the Apples to Apples game in the background...always a good time.
5. Some of my family came over with take out Jack's Stack for dinner last night. Cheesy corn goodness.
6. My aunt brought me this beautiful antique table for my entry-way.
7. I think I have decided on what I am getting Dan-the-Man for Christmas.
8. I saw the trailer to The Hunger Games movie on GMA this morning...so psyched! I loved the books and the movie looks like it is going to be great!
The Hunger Games Trailer
Tomorrow I am going to attempt to try a new ap on my phone that tracks you while you run through GPS.
I hope your week is starting out great!